The staff and Governing Body have agreed the following aims for the school:
- Regardless of gender, ethnic background, disability or disadvantages; to provide all children with the same educational opportunities.
- To develop academic ability and the individual talents of all our pupils.
- To enable all pupils to make progress in all subject areas in line with national expectations.
- To participate in the village community.
- To provide a happy, caring and disciplined environment in which individuals can develop in mind, body and spirit.
- To develop enquiring and creative minds capable of rational argument and artistic expression.
- To promote self-esteem and a capacity to be self-motivated and an independent learner.
- To foster a respect for life and a tolerance of those whose views, beliefs and lifestyles may not be shared.
- To encourage consideration in personal relationships and an awareness that we all rely on each other.
- To encourage and support the development of healthy, fit lifestyles for all school members
- To work within a framework which ensures equal opportunity for all.